38. Those who hearken to their Lord and establish regular prayer; who (conduct) their affairs by Mutual Consultation; who spend out of what We bestow on them for Sustenance;
39. And those who when an oppressive wrong is inflicted on them help and defend themselves.
Al-Qur'an Sura As Shura (The Mutual Consultation) 42:38-39
1. The CINJ is an assembly of Imams (Leaders) representing masajid, centers, and organizations in association supporting the leadership, vision and Tafsir (commentary) of Imam W. Deen Mohammed (raa).
2. The CINJ functions on the principles of "Shooraa Baynahum" (consultation among themselves).
3. The over-riding authority of the CINJ is governed by Al-Qur'an, the Sunnah (Traditional Examples) of Muhammed the Prophet (sas) and the approved Articles of Structure and By-Laws.
4. The CINJ Purpose is to provide Community Planning, Education, Leadership Training, and Economical and Cultural Development.
5. The Officers of the CINJ are; Convener; Co-Convener; Recording and Corresponding Secretary and Treasurer.
6. Meetings are convened
every first and second Sunday of every month.
7. Non-Members of CINJ can request to be placed on the agenda to address the CINJ.
8. The CINJ is a non-profit 501c3 organization in the state of New Jersey.
9. The CINJ has within its structure standing and ad hoc committees.
10. The CINJ and its standing committee, the Unified 'Eid Committee of New Jersey cooperatively plan and implement the 'Eid-ul-Fitr and 'Eid-ul Adha observances.
11. The CINJ and the UEC supported the community effort to establish the closing of the public schools in order to observe the two Muslim 'Eids.
12. The CINJ has established and maintain a standing Public Relations Committee.
13. The CINJ supports the Muslim Journal newspaper.
14. The CINJ researches efforts to cooperate with other Muslim communities and Islamic initiatives.
16. The CINJ has established and maintains a Community Emergency Relief Fund.
17. The CINJ maintains a working relationship with the Focolare Movement established between Imam W. Deen Mohammad and Chiara Lubich.
19. The CINJ has established and maintains an Islamic Health Collaborative in partnership with Rutgers University Hospital in Newark.
21. The CINJ conducts an annual Ramadan Qur'anic Studies Workshop Seminar.
22. The CINJ conducts an annual Hajj and 'Eid-ul-Adha Workshop & Seminar
23. The CINJ has established and conducts an annual Economic Development Workshop and Seminar.
24. The CINJ hosts a monthly Community Ta'leem every fourth Sunday.
25. The CINJ produces and publishes a monthly newsletter.
26. The CINJ will host a Muslim State Conference.
27. The CINJ will host a Savior Day Program in honor of leadership and legacy of Imam W. Deen Mohammed (raa).