The Council of Imams in New Jersey
Halal Inspection & Certifying Agency
Articles of Structure
New Africa is a Vision, A Vision we want to Implement, To Visualize,
A Logic we want to apply, A Life we want to Live”
Imam W. Deen Muhammad (raa)
The purpose of the Agency is to ensure that All Muslims businesses comply and conform with the standard and principles of Halal as established in the Qur’an and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s).
The Muslim Community has a religious obligation and responsibility to not only eat Halal, but to provide Halal Foods to our families in conjunction with the Halal Business Industry
The Agency will follow high Business Ethics, and educate the community to be conscious of the psychological benefits of eating Halal.
New Africa Halal Certifying Agency will abide by the manner and conditions of slaughtering approved by Imam W. Deen Mohammed (raa), and Akbar Salaam, President.
1. These By-Laws constitute the Code of Rule adopted by the The Council of Imams in New Jersey and New Africa Halal Inspection & Certifying Agency for the Halal Industry.
1. The Principle place of business of the Agency is 800 South 15th Street, Newark, NJ 07118.
1. The Agency is formed for the purpose of ensuring that all Muslim Business are in compliance with Qur’an and Sunnah regarding Halal.
1. The Agency will be governed by the Principles of Qur’an Sunnah, and Tafseers of Imam W. Deen Mohammed (raa).
1. The structure of the Agency will consist of the following officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
1. Vacancies in the Agency can be filled by any member of the Council of Imams.
1. Meeting of the Agency and held monthly at place and time designated by the Officers.
1. Meeting Agendas will be confirmed by the Officers of the Agency.
1. Quorum of the Agency must be present and required to make any modifications or execute any transactions.
1. The Agency is authorized to form committees to implement and execute growth development, and promotion.
1. The Agency will make monthly reports to the Council of Imams in New Jersey.
1. The Agency will periodically hold classes for Halal Inspection and Certification training.
1. The Agency will comply with USDA Standards, but Halal is the highest standard.
1. The Agency will follow the Pre-Operational Inspection Form Guidelines.
1. The Agency will also follow the Food Safety and Inspection Service Security Guidelines for Food Processors.
1. Debt Obligations and Personal Liability of the Agency shall not be the personal responsibility of any Officer of any nature whatsoever.
1. The Agency shall indemnify any Officer against expenses actually and reasonably incurred by him in connection with the defense of any action, suit or proceedings which he is made a party, except in relation to matters as to which he shall be adjudged in such action, suit or proceeding to be liable for negligence or misconduct in the performance of duty.
1. The signatures of the Agency Officers and Council of Imams in New Jersey shall have the power to amend By-Laws or adopt new ones consistent with Articles of Incorporation.
Vice President Date